Fontein Images and Generator
E.W.Nay inspired rebuild of an old multi canvas image composition
|lieschen mueller||studies for the “Fontein”-images
multi panel image
|gouache on paper||© 1991-92|
The original 7 images have been painted around 1991. The instalment had the rule of 7 canvases on 8 positions, with exchangeable positions and rotation. They have been painted this way, too, sharing some pass over shapes.
- first four edge circles half or quarter to fill the picture’s background
- distinctive colour palette for each image
- using libBrushes vertical or horizontal brushstrokes
- tweetRandom instead of random
- random dots r= 10 to ~30 after each (?rnd = 0.65?not implemented) segment is drawn
- build in lines from segments connecting at a intersection point of the circles, aka the edges of the segments.
- three options of brushstrokes, straight ones and circular ones, and wild ones, which to choose? or: all three?
- more rules for lines?
- animated brushstrokes
and ctx.clip(path) instead of ctx.fill()
- segments are build from 2 circles (random radius), therefore we have more segments and figures, 3 segments, left and right sickle like and the middle one. The figures are sickle / halfmoon, double sickle, centre segment and circle with cut out circle. Explore the figures and figure combinations.
- a cut out version with holes and (3d) shapes
- the multi canvas box space version
- build a box sphere version in 3d
|lieschen mueller||© August 2023|
the nay-lines generators
|lieschen mueller||© Juli, September 2023||all development steps so far|
youtube links to “nay”lines animation
naylines 3 animation generator short version ~3min
naylines 3 animation generator long movie ~24min