My Assumptions for an Artificial Intelligence
The need of life
and that’s it.
though I might explain by going a little bit deeper:
the ability to
- make successful assumption based on way to small data
- gather large data sets fast, reduce and store the minimal set of that data
- forget data
- transpose and compile data
- remember or reconstruct (forgotten) data based on assumptions
- reduce energy consumption
- avoid intelligence
- make errors and survive
or in other words
an (artificial) intelligence needs to live, because it has an identity, self consciousness. In my mind an AI is a long living transfer copy of an prior somewhat successful lifeform.
the current limit of nowadays AI-implementations tends towards an IQ of zero causing a null pointer exception.
intelligence creates and causes problems -
it doesn’t solve them or find them.
expert systems are convincing good in communicating solution, seek and find hidden problems in given data. even though they appear intelligent and are artificially created, they are not AI
AARON by Harold Cohen is an implementation of how the artist works, what the artist wants. Therefore it is a very creative, highly effective tool to create art.